Home Selling Resources
Selling your home is a major decision and requires planning, preparation and an experienced and credentialed REALTOR®. The
real estate business of today is drastically different than it has ever
been, there are now specialized skills when working with sellers vs.
buyers. Brokers today who wish to properly represent sellers and their
property requires updated marketing techniques and education to property
represent them in addition to their years of experience in listing and
Seller Representative Specialist Designation (SRS) is the premier
professional credential for real estate professionals representing
sellers in housing transactions. A
seller should find out if the broker they are intending to have
represent them have the SRS Designation. Having the designation means
that the broker has received the updated education and made the efforts
to be better skilled to properly serve their seller client(s). Clients
can also be ensured that these brokers know the best ways to ensure that
the sale completes to closing in a timely manner, for the best price
using the latest technologies and marketing tools available to the
A SRS understands your perspectives
and is qualified and committed to helping you achieve a successful
compiled a collection of useful home seller resources to provide you
with guidance and answers to some of your questions. Make sure you list
your property with a REALTOR® who
has earned the SRS Designation to ensure that your transaction is
handled in a professional and ethical manner.
Reasons for Using a SRS
Find a Seller Representative Specialist (SRS) in your area!
Find a SRS
8 Reasons to List With a Seller Representative Specialist (SRS)
- SRS designees are members of an elite group of trained seller client
advocates that know the importance of your specific needs by using
Seller Counseling Sessions to ensure all needs are addressed.
- SRS designees concentrate their efforts on your ultimate goals to ensure you at the center of the sale.
- SRS designees are extensively trained in a wide variety of manual
and electronic marketing methods to uniquely promote your property to
the widest range prospective purchasers.
- SRS designees understand that negotiation skills are critical to a
successful transaction and are trained to position ensure you receive
the best possible outcome during negotiations of the sale.
- SRS designees adhere to the highest level of professional ethics and
business practices in delivering ‘Client Level’ services with
- SRS designees are uniquely qualified to exceed your expectations and yield your trust.
- SRS designees know the importance of staging your property for best
results. Staging is a critical component, along with accurate pricing,
to attain desired results within a timely manner.
- SRS designees have an advanced level of understanding on how to
collaborate with a variety of cooperating agents of all skill levels in
the marketplace to insure that the ‘best’ buyer has an opportunity to
purchase your property.
What education does a broker need to earn the SRS Designation?
Brokers must complete a 2-day Seller Representative Specialist (SRS)
Designation Course provides a comprehensive foundation of skill
development, training and resources to help real estate professionals
represent the interests of sellers in today's marketplace.
Brokers learn to:
- Increase listings and grow their business
- Demonstrate and communicate their value package to seller clients
- Understand and apply the Code of Ethics & Standards of Practice
- Understand and comply with state license laws when representing sellers
- Understand and apply methods, tools, and techniques to provide the support and services that sellers want and need
Find a SRS
CRB Council Acquires SRS Designation
On January 2, 2014, the SRS Designation became a wholly-owned
division of the CRB Council and furthers the Council’s mission of being
the leader and preferred partner in providing REALTORS® with the
knowledge, information, tools, and resources to maximize the success and
profitability of their business.
The SRS is now recognized by the National Association of REALTORS® as
an official designation, and current SRS designees will also be
recognized as real estate professionals who adhere to the REALTOR® Code
of Ethics, the highest ethical standards in the industry.
About the CRB Council
The Council of Real Estate Brokerage Managers (CRB Council) is a
not-for-profit affiliate of the National Association of REALTORS®, and
sets the industry standard for innovative brokerage management
resources, tools and learning opportunities. For over 40 years, the
Council has continued to be the guiding light for brokers, owners,
managers and team leaders endeavoring to increase profitability,
productivity, and performance.
Find a SRS